Sunday, 29 January 2012

January Ambitions


What with the new year I always feel invigorated and want to start lots of new things.
I am trying to start a jewellery business, but also have two freelancing projects on the game design side, which is what actually pays the bills at the moment.
It means, I am sad to say that I hardly get any drawing done, let alone painting. I think it might just have to wait until spring before I really get going again.
Fortunately I do draw in my work, so it won't be completely on hold. But the drawings are stuff like the sketch above and these:

The purpose is to convey a mood or an idea to the team, so that everyone knows what I am talking about. I find that when I take the trouble to draw the layout or puzzle, it is not only understood better by others, but also by me. Problems are highlighted and new ideas spawned just by seeing things on paper.
After an idea is accepted the 'proper' concepts are drawn. The ones that will be shown to the client and potential customers. There are people on the team who do nothing but draw. I am sometimes jealous, but then, I like spawning the ideas and gameplay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment