Sunday, 9 October 2011

Urban Scape


So I scoped out the busy street near where I live. I liked the way the sun flowed through the leaves in a golden autumn way.
This one was supported mainly by photos and a quick sketch.

Apart from the obvious mistake with the side sigh to the right, I got the perspective right. Can believe I didn't spot that sooner. Ah well.
The colours also seem nice and warm which I am happy with. It is hard in a picture like this not to get lost in all the details and some of them like the row of bay windows down the street I did not resolve in a satisfying manner.
It was a challenge to simplify what I saw and something I need to practice more.
Still I am pretty happy with the overall attempt. It took me a very long time and I don't think I could have achieved anything like it, had I stood on that busy pavement for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment